Whether you're looking for a riverfront condo in Chattanooga or a historic home in Fort Oglethorpe, Capital Bank can put the key to the front door in your hand.
As a locally owned lender for half a century, we understand the needs of our community. We offer a wide variety of terms, and our variable and fixed mortgages come with rates as great as the views from Rock City.
- Low, competitive rates
- Wide range of terms
- Pre-approval for better buying power
- Refinancing available
- Personal service at every step
- Streamlined closings
- Local servicing for life of loan
- Construction Loans
Build from the ground up to your specific needs. Our construction loans offer flexible plans and competitive rates. And with local decision-making to make the approval process quicker and easier, you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Competitive rates
- Local North Georgia decision-making
- Interest-only payments during construction
- Draw system designed to save you money
- Can roll into permanent mortgage at end of construction
- One-time closing saves on costs
- Can also be done in conjunction with a land purchase
Refinancing could be right for you if you are looking to reduce your monthly payments, shorten the length of your loan, or convert an ARM to a fixed rate.
In addition to saving money, refinancing is a way to utilize your equity without selling your house. You can turn that equity into cash for home improvements, debt consolidation, paying for college, financing a vacation home, or just about anything.
- Capitalize on lower interest rates
- Reduce monthly payments
- Convert ARM to fixed rate
- Local, personalized service throughout process
- Fast, North Georgia-based decisions and smooth process
- Bring limited costs to closing
Don't forget there are closing costs associated with refinancing. These costs may be rolled into the mortgage, which reduces the amount you'll need to bring to closing, but also means you are adding to the principal loan amount.
To determine if you will be better off refinancing for the long-term, figure out how much you'll save per month if refinancing. Calculate how many months it will take, based on these savings, to equal the closing costs. That is your break-even point. If you will be in the home at least that long, you come out on top.